Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fruits of our Labour!

Just quickly sharing a piccie of our picking efforts over the weekend!!!  The kids are almost as big foodies as we are and my two sons adore spending time in the kitchen!!!

So, off we went to the local fruit farm.  Yes, I know, I know!!  I should have had an abundance of the berries in our garden, but I didn't!!  A small plant has produced a handful of fruit - but that is it!!!  So on a lovely sunny afternoon we trundled out to pick.

The boys had a great time, only the hubby ate enough to warrant a tummy ache!!  I almost didn't think we were going to emerge from the raspberry canes at one point - VERY triffidlike!!

Anyway, here is what we picked!!






The keen-eyed of you will spot my other love - red wine!!!

Jacob, my eldest made this:


We also made some custard based ice-cream, milkshakes (of course!) - plus a scrummy balsamic strawberry sauce to go with some chicken!

Yummy!!!!

Can't wait for the blackberries!!!  Watch this space for the blackberry vodka!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment